What is a school governor?
A school governor is a member of a school’s governing body, which is made up of volunteers. The governing body is the school’s accountable body. The governing body are strategic decision makers and vision setters in the school, and working together with the head teacher and senior leadership team, are fundamental to a school’s success.
Governors are the strategic leaders of our schools and have a vital role to play in driving up school and pupil performance and ensuring that resources are used well to give every child the best possible education. Governors have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Why become a school governor?
It is the Council’s aspiration that all children and young people in Croydon attend high performing schools that are schools of choice. Governors are a key part of the overall system for school accountability. If you care about children’s education then becoming a governor will help you make a difference. Being a governor is demanding and challenging, but very rewarding and fulfilling. It also helps you to:
- Make a difference.
- Get to know your community.
- Develop your skills.
- Improve your knowledge about the education sector.
There is more useful information about becoming a governor at The National Governance Association website
How to contact the Governing Board
- You can contact the TMNI Governing Board with a message via the main office to 020 8688 5844 opt1, you can also write a letter addressed to the Chair of Governors or email email@example.com.
- Full Governor Meetings Terms of Reference
- Our Governors
- Governor Meetings: 2017 – 18
- Governing Board minutes – full Board and committee meetings (Part A only). – to be provided shortly
|Forename||Surname||Category||Start Date||End Date||Position|
|Stephanie||Edmonds||Head Teacher||01 Sep 2013||Head Teacher|
|Matthew||Bligh||Finance, Pay and Personnel||01 Jul 2015||30 Jun 2019||Chair|
|Sharon||Odumosu||Raising Standards, Finance, Pay and Personnel||24 Jun 2013||31 Aug 2018||Vice Chair|
|Diane||Edwards||Raising Standards, Finance, Pay and Personnel, Faith Group||20 Nov 2016||29 Nov 2020||Foundation|
|Greta||Collins||Resources||30 Nov 2018||30 Nov 2022||Foundation|
|Fiona||Weaver||Faith Group||21 Jun 2017||21 Jun 2021||Foundation|
|Lya||Osbourne||Raising Standards||30 Nov 2018||30 Nov 2022||Parent|
|Rita||Roselt||Raising Standards||30 Nov 2018||30 Nov 2022||Parent|